Please join us for our annual Security Summit, streaming live across Asia Pacific. This digital event will bring you the latest insights and strategies impacting cybersecurity today. The Security Summit will focus on how to make the transition to a Zero Trust security model, secure the next generation of apps and APIs, develop modern apps securely from end to end, and secure internet access for businesses and consumers.
Learn from leaders and innovators in the cybersecurity industry, including Dr. Tom Leighton, CEO & Co-Founder of Akamai; and Troy Hunt, founder of the blog ‘Have I Been Pwned’; – as well as several other security experts – who will discuss how businesses can be resilient in the face of growing threats to their applications, infrastructure, and workforce.
Featured Keynote Speakers
|Dr. Tom Leighton|
Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder Akamai
Information Security Author & Instructor, Pluralsight
Microsoft Regional Director & MVP
Founder of the blog “Have I Been Pwned”
Join the LIVE digital event streaming directly from Sydney!
20 April 2022 11:00 AM – 1:40 PM Vietnam Time
- Wednesday, Apr 20, 11:00 AM – 1:40 PM Vietnam Time
- Akamai Security Summit Presentations
- Resilience from the Cloud to the Edge: Rapidly advancing application architectures and the shift to a remote working culture have forced drastic changes to how businesses engage their customers, manage their work forces, and even how they design their networks. Connected experiences are becoming more individualized, and connected across every facet of our daily lives. When these experiences are disrupted by outages, data theft, or fraud, the impact to customer trust and a business’s reputation are immense. There has never been so much potential for disruptive innovation, just as motivated adversaries attempt to exploit every opportunity to disrupt digital business. Join this session to learn about key trends in cybersecurity, and how businesses can stay resilient in the face of growing threats to their applications, infrastructure, and workforce.
- Zero Trust: Enabling Innovation: Digital innovation is the engine that creates the world’s leading experiences, applications, and businesses. Today, enabling that innovation requires technology that is secure by design, but that is also developed securely. “Zero Trust” is a prevailing approach to security that assumes users and workloads are unauthorized, until they submit proof of their legitimacy. True zero trust involves connecting users and services directly to applications without going over the network, and continuously monitoring and adapting controls as workloads and work forces evolve. In the past year, employers find themselves extending access to employees that they have never met in person, and trusting those individuals to help them fight the rising tide of threat actors and increasingly sophisticated adversarial AI technology. Join this session to learn about Akamai’s approaching to ensuring Zero Trust enables innovation.
- Guest Keynote: Lessons From Billions of Breached Records with Troy Hunt: Assume breach. Hackers exploit vulnerabilities, bots hammers services, opportunistic kids take over accounts. It was bad enough already, and then we connected all our things and put everything in the cloud which massively accelerated the rate of breaches and the volumes of data impacted when the inevitable finally happens. Further exacerbating the problem is the leverage relatively small, unsophisticated actors have; it’s never been easier to do so much damage with so few resources.
This talk shares lessons from the trenches and real world stories from dealing with billions of breached records whilst running the Have I Been Pwned data breach service. You’ll see how previous breaches occurred, who was behind them and how we need to adapt to prevent them in the future. You’ll also see how the breach landscape is changing, in particular how hacktivists are being “called to arms” and are using breached personal data in the war in Ukraine. It’s a look at the data breach landscape like you’ve never seen it before.
- Securing the next generation of Apps and APIs: New application environments – including cloud-native apps, almost unlimited API opportunities, and borderless connection to customers and partners – bring tremendous opportunity for business growth. However, that opportunity also comes with significant related risks: newly built apps bring unknown vulnerabilities, APIs present almost unlimited attack opportunities, and borderless connections bring the need for perimeter-less protections.In this session you’ll learn:
- Techniques to dynamically adapt protections to evolving attacks
- How to use automation and Akamai’s Adaptive Security Engine (ASE) to reduce the burden on your teams without lowering protections
- Ways to bring developers into the security discussion proactively and productively
- Breaking the Ransomware Attack ChainDespite consistent increases in security spending, ransomware remains an ever-growing threat to businesses. Surprisingly, the ransomware itself, the malware that does the encryption, is only a part of a larger, equally dangerous, attack chain. Considering the entire chain offers defenders more opportunities to thwart the attack before mass encryption can occur.In this session we’ll provide details on how microsegmentation can prevent adversarial techniques that precede and follow the deployment of ransomware itself. By turning our attention to the entire kill chain, a path towards minimizing the likelihood, impact, and recovery of ransomware time become clear.In this session you will learn:
- Practical steps you can take to disrupt the kill chain before ransomware can be deployed.
- How to leverage AI to map complex environments and expedite the path towards policy enforcement that drastically reduces the impact of ransomware.
- Jocelyn Chan, Senior Enterprise Sales Executive,
- AkamaiVijay Kolli, Regional Vice President – Advanced Technology Group, APJ, Akamai
- Tom Leighton, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Akamai
- Pavel Gurvich, SVP, General Manager, Enterprise Security, Akamai
- Dean Houari, Security Technology and Strategy Director, Akamai
- Troy Hunt, Information Security Author & Instructor at Pluralsight, Microsoft Regional Director & MVP, Founder of the blog ‘Have I Been Pwned’
- Wednesday, Apr 20th 11:00 AM – 1:40 PM Vietnam Time